Epigraphy Workshop, Michaelmas Term 2013
All meetings at 1.00 in the First Floor Seminar room, Ioannou School, 66 St Giles. All welcome!
- Monday, Oct. 21: Simon Hornblower, ‘The “Lokrian Maidens Inscription” (IG 9. 1 (ed. 2) 706) and Lykophron’s Alexandra (1141-1173).
- Monday, Oct. 28: Denis Rousset, ‘The Stele of the Geleontes in the sanctuary of Claros. Purchases and gifts of land for a koinon of Colophon’.
- Monday, Nov. 4: Ed. Bispham, ‘After Imagines Italicae: the case of Lucania’.
- Monday, Nov. 11: Sofia Kravaritou, ‘Thessalian attitudes to death: some notes on SEG XXVIII, 528 and beyond’.
- Monday, Nov. 18 Polly Low and Peter Liddel, ‘The koinon of the Phrikyladai: a new decree from Liverpool’.
- Monday December 2: Giorgy Kantor, ‘Dynamis and Aspourgos in recent inscriptions from the Bosporan Kingdom’.
Charles Crowther, Robert Parker, Jonathan Prag