Forwarded for Stephen Mitchell:
The Association Internationale d’Épigraphie Grecque et Latine offers grants of up to 1000 Euros to support Epigraphic Educational and Training Courses and Workshops.
The following conditions apply.
- Applicants must be AIEGL members.
- Due to limited funds, the maximum grant for any event will be 1000 Euros. Applications for smaller sums are encouraged and may have a better chance of success.
- Applications should be submitted by 28 February and 15 August, and applicants will be notified of the outcome by 15 April and 15 September respectively.
- Applications will be assessed and ranked by a commission of three AIEGL members (IIIviri praemiis dandis), to be appointed by the AIEGL officers. Awards will be made by the AIEGL officers on their recommendations, subject to sufficient funds being available.
- Events supported by AIEGL must be open in principle to any participant with appropriate and relevant qualifications and not restricted to students from particular institutions or countries.
- AIEGL is keen to support all forms of training in Greek and Latin Epigraphy, including the promotion of digital epigraphy, in line with its own objectives and priorities.
(application form follows the jump)
Association Internationale d’Épigraphie Grecque et Latine
Grant Application form for Epigraphic Educational and Training Courses and Workshops. The deadline for this application is 15 August 2009
Please complete this form and e-mail it to the Secretary General, Professor Angela Donati email@example.com
1. Name, Institution and contact details of applicant.
2. Title, location, and purpose of the meeting.
3. The expected numbers, status (e.g. undergraduate student, postgraduate student, postdoc.), and nationalities of parttcipants that are expected to attend.
4. Outline of the programme and teaching staff.
5. Outline Budget.
6. What use will you make of the AIEGL grant?
Successful participants must submit a 300-word report within one month of the conclusion of the event in a format suitable for publication on the AIEGL web-site.