The Association Internationale d’Épigraphie Grecque et Latine offers grants of up to 1000 Euros to support Epigraphic Educational and Training Courses and Workshops.
The following conditions apply.
- Applicants must be AIEGL members.
- Due to limited funds, the maximum grant for any event will be 1000 Euros. Applications for smaller sums are encouraged and may have a better chance of success.
- Applications should be submitted by 28 February and 31 July, and applicants will be notified of the outcome by 15 April and 15 September respectively.
- Applications will be assessed and ranked by a commission of three AIEGL members (IIIviri praemiis dandis), to be appointed by the AIEGL officers. Awards will be made by the AIEGL officers on their recommendations, subject to sufficient funds being available.
- Events supported by AIEGL must be open in principle to any participant with appropriate and relevant qualifications and not restricted to students from particular institutions or countries.
- AIEGL is keen to support all forms of training in Greek and Latin Epigraphy, including the promotion of digital epigraphy, in line with its own objectives and priorities.
- Successful participants must submit a 300-word report within one month of the conclusion of the event in a format suitable for publication on the AIEGL web-site.
This bursary does not yet seem to be advertised on the AIEGL website; check back for updates. In the meantime, perhaps contact Angela Donati for further information.